Monday, April 18, 2011

Cigar Review: Rocky Patel Vintage 1990



Very simply, if you could smoke dark chocolate, this would be what it tastes like, a slightly bitter after taste, but that's easy to over look when you consider the quality, and you want to know what else? It goes great with coffee.

This is such a good smoke, even burn, warm taste, refined oily wrapper, and easy on the palate...so much so, in fact, that this decadent cigar is the favorite of none other than my wife Holly, pictured in the post prior to this. Though she's smoking a Serie 'R' No.3 in that picture, her favorite and only cigar of choice has remained since our wedding day to be this cigar. I'd recommend to anyone with fine tastes and plenty of time to smoke it right.


3 comments:

  1. If I knew anything about cigars, I'm sure I would agree with you. However, I'll have to take your word on it since my only foray into cigars were swisher sweets....I know horrible, right?

    But if I were to try cigars...chocolate is always a good way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip! My dad enjoys cigars and has been trying to get me to try it, but the smell is just too much for me! Any good tips for a cigar gift for dad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My suggestion would be, if he likes cigars, find out his brand, and then see if they have anything new coming out...or..Universally, there are very few cigar smokers who will turn down a Montecristo No.1, Arturo Fuente King B, or a Rocky Patel Edge Toro in a Maduro wrapper. They are all medium bodied cigars that are flavorful and easy on the palate.

    ReplyDelete